Constructed with durable waxed canvas in dark chocolate brown, this tote has a lovely vintage feel. Boasting one large pocket, two exterior pockets and a leather key clip, it allows for easy organisation of your essentials. Tough enough to be used as a tool caddy, the Postman Tote is fantastic unisex option reminiscent of the old postman satchels. Load it up and take it everywhere!
Waxed canvas originated in the sailing industry in Scotland in the 1920s and became widely used in sportswear and apparel because of its waterproofing abilities and superb durability.The beauty of waxed canvas is that age, stains and wear builds character to your product.
- 16 oz waxed cotton canvas
- Leather handles with reinforced stitching
- Flat base
- 42cm wide, 18cm depth, 31cm height
- Letterpressed Leather Little Echidna Label
- Chocolate brown
About the Maker
- Do not wash your waxed canvas product in a washing machine or dry clean.
- Do not use warm or hot water to clean any waxed canvas product.
- Do not use a clothes dryer.
- Do not use detergents or bleach.
- Avoid leaving in extreme heat. The canvas will return to normal when at room temperature.
- If your waxed product becomes soiled, wait for it to dry and gentle brush off any dirt. If it needs a little help, use a lightly damp (cold water) cloth to gently rub the spot/stain.
- Don't try to clean oily substances. There is no good way to clean oiliness without damaging the wax, and thus ruining the water resistance.
Born and bred on a property in the Dumaresq Valley in Northern New England, Glenda has vivid memories of a childhood exploring abandoned house ruins on the family property with her siblings and cousins. While not much remained, there was the enamel mugs, plates, wash bowls and pitchers discarded in the old wash room, a little banged and blackened, but still beautifully intact and perfectly usable. Adventures around the shed revealedhorse gear hanging from the roof, waxed canvas tool rolls, fire wood carriers and old oil skin coats. Little Echidna Home was born from a desire to showcase these timeless pieces, a part of Australian nostalgic history, and to bring these wonderful products back to life for daily use in every household.